WP1 – The state-of-the-art in safety provisions for underground transportation systems and accident scenarios prioritisation
WP1 lays the foundations for refining and strengthen the activities to be performed in WPs 2-5. The review of the state-of-the-art in safety provisions for underground transportation systems and the accident scenarios prioritisation will aid at identifying the knowledge gaps in both safety science and Regulations, Codes and Standards (RCS) to be addressed. The WP is led by KIT and it targets the following objectives:
• Perform critical analysis of the state-of-the-art in safety provisions, hazard and risk assessment, accident prevention and mitigation concepts for tunnels and confined spaces.
• Specify hazards and risks related to hydrogen driven vehicles and transport through tunnels.
• Identify knowledge gaps and technological bottlenecks for provision of hydrogen safety in underground transportation systems.
• Select and prioritise scenarios of accidents in tunnels and similar confined spaces with hydrogen-powered vehicles and transport delivering hydrogen.
• Identify gaps in RCS for inherently safer use of hydrogen in tunnels and similar confined traffic infrastructure.